peanut butter and date cookies
makes about 12-16 cookies
2/3 cup peanut butter (use organic/natural, no additives)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup organic plain flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
10-15 dates, pits removed and chopped roughly
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In large bowl mix peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients - flour and baking powder and mix. At this point the batter might look a little strange and crumbly but just mix until combined.
4. Add in date pieces and mix a touch further.
5. Scoop out on lined baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until just cooked through.
6. Take out to cool and enjoy.
**note these are not very sweet cookies so if you like them sweet, eat with some fruity jam!